With Valentine’s Day being tomorrow, many have been rushing to grab those last minute gifts and treats for that special someone. While those can bring a smile to someone’s face, I’m always a fan of homemade gifts. However, with several of us always on the go, making anything seems like it would take too much time. Enter in this fast and surprisingly easy recipe to make something sweet and thoughtful. All you’ll need is two—yes, you read that right, just TWO—simple ingredients to make these chocolates with the option to add in some items for a little oomph..
Here’s what you’ll need:
For the chocolate hearts
1 cup chocolate chips – (I used the Enjoy Life brand mega chunks)
1 tbsp coconut oil
**Optional add-ins: almonds, walnuts, goji berries, sea salt, crushed cookies, etc. You can really get creative here!
Metal bowl or glass measuring cup
1. Boil some water to fill the glass bowl to create a double broiler for melting down the chocolate and coconut oil.
2. Place chocolate chips in metal bowl or measuring cup.
3. Pour boiling water into the glass bowl, then place the container with the chocolate chips in the water. Add in coconut oil and gently stir until the heat melts down the oil and chocolate. Stir until smooth and well blended.
4. Gently pour the chocolate mix into the silicone mold. If you are using any add-ins (I added an almond center to half of mine-classic combo!), fill mold about halfway, add it in then cover the rest with more chocolate.
5. Once the mold has been filled, place it in the freezer for about 30-40 minutes to set. **Note: freezer time may vary depending on the mold you use, how thick your chocolate creation is, etc. I made small bit sized chocolates and this time frame worked well for those.
6. Once your candy has hardened, gently pop out of the mold and you’re done! If making for yourself, enjoy immediately! If presenting these to someone else, place chocolates in decorative favor bag or box
If you make these, let me know below. I’d love to see and hear about your own creations!